PO Box 3233 Margate, NJ 08402
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
for Summer 2021 classes
- Restorative- Get your nervous system fit! Explore effective techniques to restore your energy and renew your body/mind. During this supportive class students will discover how attention to the breath reduces muscular tension and improves circulation. This class is for everyone.Gentle Stretch - Give yourself a break as you move through "Gentle Stretch". Gentle Stretch is a rhythmic flow of movements that supports the release of stress from the nervous system bringing balance and harmony to your body/mind. Feel the freedom of letting go of tension around the joints, relaxing tight muscles and finding a peaceful connection with your breath, your life force. Everyone welcome.
- "Svaroopa® Yoga is a technique for opening your body (roopa) to find your Self (sva). It has a radically different approach than most modern styles of yoga and can give you a new way to think about asana practice. The practice creates a core opening by releasing the tensions in the deepest layers of your body. Dissolving these tensions allows you to live with ease, both in your body and in your deeper Self.” This class will explore Svaroopa® Yoga foundational poses that release the muscles connected to your tailbone—the pivot point of your body. With enough release in your tailbone, your whole body will realign from the inside outward. Simultaneously, a domino effect of release will climb your spine through your sacrum, waist area (lumbar vertebrae), rib cage, shoulders, neck, and skull. This spinal release opens more space for the intervertebral discs and delicate nerve roots that coordinate every muscle, bone, artery, organ, and gland in your body. This opening also lifts mechanical compression off the internal organs, improving their functioning immediately. With less tension throughout the body, your vital systems find their natural balance. Your breathing also opens up easily and immediately with the first pose". Join me for Svaroopa® Yoga class and experience a unique approach to yoga poses. This class is open to all levels. Reservation is necessary. Text after 7:30am on Thursday morning to guarantee your space 609-334-9083 .
- Yin - Postures(shapes) held for periods of time. Targets-tendons, ligaments, joints and fascia. Deep openings for hips, low back, neck and shoulders. Great for everyone, fantastic for those who are athletic. Frees up stress held around the joints. No Yoga experience necessary.
The classes listed below are not offered at this time but may be offered in the future.
- All Levels - designed for individuals that have some yoga experience. Class begins with a formal centering, warm-ups follow and a mindful practice of moving through yoga postures with a focus on linking breath and movement with attention to alignment. Tapas (heat) is created in this practice in a safe and moderately challenging way. The class closes with a 5-8 minute savasana.
- Beginners/Yoga Basics/Yoga Fundamentals- Students will learn basic, yet highly effective alignment techniques that will allow them to do Yoga with ease. This class is designed to give students a basic foundation of yoga. Warm-ups will be similar with some variations each week. The focus will be on several posture each session that will help build strength and endurance, mentally & physically. This class is open to everyone especially beginners and students who have been away from their yoga practice and are looking to get started again.
- Core Strengthening - Awesome class developing skill and stability for the student interested in advancing their asana practice. Some experience recommended
- Huff & Puff - Not sure how to prepare the body/mind for meditation. This offerings is and opportunity for individuals to explore yoga breathwork (pranayama) in combination with postures (asana) and meditation (dhyana). This is a perfect class for those looking to create a more spiritual practice. Everyone welcome. Some yoga experience is helpful.
- Meditative Posture Flow, Mind-Body-Breath. This class is appropriate for students who have experience. Postures may be held with long holding times and a focus on deep breathing. It provides a balance of stretching and strengthening for the body/mindind -This class is an Integration of the essential yogic disciplines of asana (postures), pranayama (breathwork), and dhyana (meditation). When performed together these practices unlock the full power of yoga's sacred teachings. This inquiry-based practice is designed to re-establish the original context of postures as a doorway into the deeper dimensions of yoga. This powerful healing practice is open to all practitioners who share a sincere desire to practice yoga as a means of Self exploration and intended as an internal experience of connecting with spirit.
- Open - Mixed Levels - Modifications offered for all levels. Some experience is recommended.
- Wall Vinyasa - Resist being intimidated by the WALL. This is not an inversion class. We will be using the wall as a tool to strengthen, feel grounded, refine alignment and explore the asana as an opportunity to discover new space in the body. There may be an inversion woven in here and there and as usual everything is optional and child's pose is always there for you. You will work hard in this class. Wall work is really fun and you will get stronger with this practice. (this wall class is not recommended for novice students)
- Yoga Workout - This class is for experienced students without injuries, or for students who have the awareness to protect themselves if injured. It is predominately an athletic and energy activating Yoga practice. This class is designed to build energy and carry it from one posture to the next, and to increase the body's capacity to hold energy and the mind's capacity to witness.
- Svaroopa® Yoga was created by Swami Nirmalananda Saraswati (formerly known as Rama Berch) and focuses on guiding each student to slowly and cautiously unfold every pose from within, with no force behind the pose.